Friday, August 24, 2012

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan


didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

Mary has a dream, it is to see the ocean. After her moms death and her brother throwing her out of his life and house she has no option then to go to the sisterhood and serve god. Though she lost her faith and no longer believes in god she has no other option since no one spoke for her. In the book it doesn't say how old she or any of her friends are but I am thinking she's about 15 or 16 Which is the marrying age they would have in a pots-apocalyptic situation so they could have kids and that way humans will not go extinct though thats just my guess. I really got to say though that Mary's dream was not worth all that was lost. Yes Mary was kind of annoying in a way but I think about it and everyone goes through their own annoying or naive phase while growing up. I didn't like it that she put her dream before Travis. I was pretty devastated after reading chapter 31 page 375 I was really hoping for some kind of miracle but nothing happened. : (

I know and understand why the sisterhood would tell the village that they were all that was left. But I didn't agree with the way they handled Gabrielle's arrival at the village. I think they could've done something different and all would've been okay. Also what they saw marriage as, not about love but as a commitment is not a way to make a strong happy community because someone was bound to do something some day about those rules.

Though this are somewhat  little problems compared to knowing that some day the zombies on the other side in The forest of hands and teeth could one day break the fence and  pour inside your village and all you knew as your life and your family would be gone. That was what really scared me. I love zombie movies and books but it is just so scary to imagine yourself in that situation. It was easy and hard to think about being in that position. I would feel so vulnerable it would be easy to give up in my opinion. I would never want to live in a place that I know I am soo close to those flesh eating zombies. But the author did a great job in setting the story to the readers.

No comments: