Friday, August 24, 2012

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan


 
  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

First of all I wasn't very happy with the change of the main character. I liked Gabry and not knowing what she was thinking and reading the story through her eyes really made me sad. Yes, Annah was much braver and much stronger then Gabry(Abigail) . I did like her but I didn't like her relationship with Catcher. I was kind of jealous but I got over it soon enough.

Carrie Ryan didn't waste time at all, she came out with another well written book following Gabry's tween sister Annah and Catcher. They are in the tunnels of The Dark City (which is supposedly what was left of New York City) trying to find a way through the tunnel to go rescue Gabry(abigail) from the Recruiters who took her to the sanctuary.

Catcher tells Annah that a horde of unconsecrated( zombies) was coming to The Dark City. After getting out of the tunnels they find Elias, everything happens pretty quick and they have no other choice but to turn themselves in to the recruiters and get taken to the sanctuary where they will be safe away from The Dark City that was now full of unconsecrated. But will they be safe there? Was the recruiter's sanctuary really the right place to go? Since the protectorate was no longer around the recruiters turned vicious and cruel over using their power. What is the difference between being out in the City fighting the unconsecrated always in danger and being with the recruiters, who are like monsters? Here goes my question again. Where is Jed? I really don't want to believe that he died. Even though  I don't believe there will be another book I do wish Carrie Ryan has plans to write a 4th book because there was in my point of view a cliffhanger. What happens next?????? Are there more survivors? Will humans survive? Or with so many zombies there's no future? My biggest question is why didn't catcher just go and behead every single unconsecrated in the world so it could be safe again for people?

No comments: