Sunday, September 16, 2012

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter #1) By Jeff Lindsay

 

  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

I had been watching the show before reading this book. I haven't yet finished watching season 3. I love the show so far.

What I thought was kind of terrible was how Dexter hesitated way too much when his brother asked him to kill Deborah. He hesitated more than in the show to say no and was a little less careless about Deborah's life. Well that's how I felt it. Of course that's how Dexter is supposed to be but for a moment I thought he might actually kill her.

If you haven't read the book or watched the show you might not want to continue reading..................

A few different things from the book and the show are that LaGuerta dies in the book. In the show she is still alive and doubt she'll ever be killed. She also suspected that Dex was hiding something when in the show she doesn't see anything wrong with Dex. Amazingly Doakes is still breathing in the book. Deborah wasn't in a relationship with the ice truck killer either. Even with those changes I extremely enjoyed reading the book and love the show too. It still kept me reading to see what happened in the end even though the basic things were pretty much the same

No comments: