Monday, May 28, 2012

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


Everyone assumes that Anabel Greene has a perfect life. But everyone is wrong only she knows that they are wrong. She is just like any of her school mates with family problems the feeling of not fitting in and she had to deal with how life changed when they discovered her sister Whitney's eating disorder. The worst she had to go through was her biggest secret that no one knew and she didn't have the courage to tell anyone about.

Basically the story is about finding the courage to do what you have to to be happy, doing what is right, how important it is to come out with the truth about things you might think aren't that important to reveal just because it has been years since it had happened. I could definitely feel this story extremely real touching and could relate to Anabel, Clarke and Owen.

One of the characters I loved was Owen I loved his honesty and just felt like I knew him. Plus I'm enlightened just like him lol. He is just the person Anabel needed to be able to open up and he would show her how great it feels to be honest about how she really felt.

What I noticed is that Clarke was Annabel's only real friend the only person that did not cared or criticized her for what everyone thought Anabel had done. I've always thought about how hard school life is for some people most young people don't really care and act just horrible. This book really got me thinking about that more its just sad and it shouldn't be like that, sad thing is that it is.

Basically the story is about finding the courage to do what you have to to be happy, doing what is right, how important it is to come out with the truth about things you might think aren't that important to reveal just because it has been years since it had happened. I could definitely feel this story extremely real touching and could relate to Anabel, Clarke and Owen.

This book will stay with me forever. Definitely recommend it no doubt.

No comments: