Monday, May 28, 2012

The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski



Thank you for letting me read and review this book. : )

The story starts with a boy inside a cell. He is suffering, in a lot of pain, in a cold dark place with no clothes on and water coming down from the sprinklers inside his cell but he will not give up. He will not take the needle and that is why he was being severely tortured, to get him to want to take the needle. Reed would rather suffer than be wherever the other kids that were in their cells with a needle inside the middle of their foreheads where. He didn't trust these strange old man he didn't like what they were doing to them.

The story was fascinating it took me into a whole different world I really did not expect a story like this. It was freaky, in a way disturbing, really scared me, left me kind of sad in a way and sometimes made me panic. I was always on the edge of my seat and was always thinking about going to my room to continue on reading this book lol.

Two things that I was sad about was because of Reed's end and new start. ( don't want to give out spoilers so I'll just say it like that) I felt a little bad for Sid too though he was a dumb kid that's all. Danny was a fun character for a moment I thought he wasn't going to be able to help Reed and Zin but he was much smarter than the director. Though I was sad to know about who Lucinda was but she was one of the heroes inside Foreverland.

It was a good story and the ending was good too although it left me thinking. What happened to the rest of the kids? and why didn't they get their memories back? or if Danny Reed and Zid tell them anything?Although it was obvious they didn't but it is still intriguing to me. Another thing is that the girls that were in forever land talked to the boys about another place that was just like where they were but where only for girls it didn't say in the end what that was all about so I guess the girls were just created by the director's Foreverland.

No comments: